Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 20 March 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 near noon then becoming southeast 10 to 20 late this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 late overnight and to southeast 30 to 40 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 March 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 March 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located off Bowie.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located over western Bowie.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday cold front located on a line north-south
over the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 20 March 2019 A trough of low pressure is tracking across Bowie. Ahead of the
trough, strong to gale force southeasterlies over Bowie will ease
An approaching cold front will track across Bowie Thursday.
Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop
over the offshore waters Thursday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: