Explorer - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 24 May 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 late this morning then becoming southwest 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind veering to northwest 20 to 30 Wednesday morning then diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 near noon Wednesday. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Rain ending Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - northwestern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 24 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 24 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today deepening low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:27 AM PDT 24 May 2022 A low pressure system will approach Explorer today. Ahead of the
system, marginal gale force southeasterly winds are expected for
Explorer on this afternoon, and West Vancouver Island - north
/ Queen Charlotte Sound tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: