Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 March 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 this morning except west 20 over western sections. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 this afternoon then backing to south 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Saturday evening.
Rain today and tonight. Showers Saturday morning and afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - southeastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 March 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 March 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located off Bowie.
By 9:00 a.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located over Bowie.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT today low located over central Explorer.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying low located near Cape
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:01 AM PDT 22 March 2019 An intensifying trough of low pressure will track across Explorer
today to lie over Queen Charlotte Sound by this evening with an
associated low pressure centre which will head for Cape St James
Ahead of the trough, southeasterly gales will spread from Explorer
To the west coast of Vancouver Island this morning. As the trough
moves northward, and the low pressure centre develops, southeasterly
winds will rise quickly to gale to storm force in Queen Charlotte
Sound and at the headlands of Vancouver Island late this afternoon.
Winds will shift to strong to gale force southwesterly in the wake
Of the trough and push through Hecate Strait and Dixon Entrance East.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: