Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 August 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 early this evening. Wind northwest 10 to 15 Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 August 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PDT 23 August 2019 A frontal system over Hecate Strait will move southeastward to the
Central Coast by this afternoon. Gale force southerly winds will
continue over central waters this morning ahead of the front.
A trough of low pressure will track eastward across Bowie today
Then reach Hecate Strait by Saturday morning. Strong to gale force
southwesterly or westerly winds will develop over northern waters
As the system crosses the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: