Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 24 June 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 10 to 20 knots becoming west 15 to 25 near midnight then veering to northwest 10 to 20 Monday afternoon.
A few showers. Risk of thunderstorms late this evening and overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 24 June 2018 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over the Central Coast.
By midnight PDT tonight cold front located on a line north-south
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 1007 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday dissipating low located over northeastern
At midnight PDT Monday ridge located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:15 PM PDT 24 June 2018 Strong westerly winds have developed over central and eastern Juan
De fuca strait late this afternoon and will increase to gale force
this evening, as a cold front swings across the South Coast. Strong
to gale force westerlies will persist through to late Monday morning.
Winds are also expected to become gusty northwesterly briefly this
evening over the Strait of Georgia with the approach of the cold
front. On the southern mainland side near Vancouver wind speeds will
approach 25 knots early this evening before shifting to southerly
And easing to moderate late this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: