Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 November 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots becoming southwest 10 to 20 late this morning then becoming southwest 15 to 25 Monday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 25 to 35 Monday evening.
Showers ending near midnight. Showers Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - southeastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 28 November 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 28 November 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located west of Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening trough located over northern
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PST 28 November 2021 A frontal system will cross the Southern Strait of Georgia early this
morning. Strong southerly winds will continue to ease in its wake.
The next frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
early Monday and move over Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. Gale force
southerly winds will spread to the northern and central waters
Monday, and to the southern offshore waters Monday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: