Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 October 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 25 near noon. Wind southwest 15 to 25 tonight and Thursday.
Showers tonight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 October 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Central Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:02 AM PDT 23 October 2019 A Pacific frontal system approaching Bowie this morning will move
across the North Coast late today. The front will become nearly
stationary across the central waters overnight and Thursday.
Over northern waters winds will rise to strong to gale force
southeast this morning then to gale to storm force southeast this
afternoon. Winds will ease to moderate to strong westerly in the
Wake of the front then to light to moderate tonight.
Over central waters winds will rise to southeast gales this afternoon
and then remain strong to gale force southerly tonight through
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: