Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 March 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Sunday morning then becoming southeast 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon.
Showers ending this afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms. Showers beginning Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - southeastern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 March 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 March 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday weakening cold front located over western
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday approaching low located west of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PDT 23 March 2019 A cold front will approach from offshore today spreading
Strong to gale force southeasterlies to the western offshore waters.
The winds will diminish slightly Monday morning as a low approaches
Explorer and disrupts the cold front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: