Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 22 June 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 5 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
Chance of showers late this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 June 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM PDT 22 June 2018 A ridge of high pressure over Vancouver Island will continue to
produce strong to marginal gale force westerly or northwesterly
Winds through Juan de Fuca Strait tonight.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters Saturday morning.
Gale force southeasterly winds will develop over Bowie on Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: