Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 21 February 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 25 late this evening then veering to northwest 20 to 30 late overnight. Wind northwest 20 to 30 Friday.
Rain beginning this evening changing to showers early Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 21 February 2019 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday departing frontal system located on a
line north-south over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday low located 100 miles northwest of Langara.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday weakening low located near Prince Rupert.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PST 21 February 2019 A front over northern waters will move across the central waters
This evening and then to the southern waters on Friday morning.
Strong to gale force southerly winds will be generated along the
front. Winds will become gale to storm force northwesterlies in the
wake of the front.
The low pressure centre associated with the front will move
Southward through the Gulf of Alaska tonight and then approach
The North Coast late in the day on Friday. The low will weaken
considerably during its journey from the Gulf of Alaska to the North
Coast. The low will reinforce the already widespread northwest gale
winds due to the initial frontal passage for the northern and
Central waters tonight and Friday. Northern Bowie will see the
strongest of these northwest winds with storm force winds expected
tonight into Friday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: