Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 20 September 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots except southwest 25 to 30 over northwestern sections. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 20 early Tuesday morning except southwest 25 to 30 over northwestern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 September 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:08 PM PDT 20 September 2021 A frontal system over Hecate Strait will progress to central waters
this evening, then reach the northern tip of Northern Vancouver
Island Tuesday afternoon. The front will significantly weaken on
Tuesday and dissipate across the South Coast.
Gale to storm force southeast winds are occurring along the front
over northern and central waters. In the wake of the front, the winds
will shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies. Later on Tuesday
behind the front, winds will shift to moderate northwesterlies.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: