Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 16 July 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 10 to 20 knots veering to northwest 20 to 25 early Friday morning.
Showers ending near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 July 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:03 AM PDT 16 July 2020 A ridge of high pressure west of Vancouver Island will produce gale
force westerly winds through Juan de Fuca Strait this afternoon and
evening. The winds will ease overnight as the ridge weakens.
Another ridge of high pressure west of the offshore waters will shift
eastward to lie over Bowie by Friday morning then reach Haida Gwaii
by Friday afternoon. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds will
develop over west coast Vancouver Island Friday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: