Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 21 October 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind north 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to southerly 10 to 20 this evening. Wind increasing to south 20 to 30 near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 21 October 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over western Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM PDT 21 October 2018 A big low pressure system will remain over northeast Pacific in the
next few days. A series of frontal systems rotating around the low
will pass through BC waters.
The first front located west of Bowie this morning will move
Eastward to Bowie tonight and remain in the region on Monday. The
second front will approach the offshore waters later Monday.
Gale force southerly winds over Bowie will spread to northern and
central waters tonight and continue through Monday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: