Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 19 November 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 to 45 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 early this evening and to north 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday morning then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Explorer - southeastern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 19 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 19 November 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary trough located from the
North Coast to Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today building ridge located over Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching cold front located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PST 19 November 2019 A building ridge of high pressure over Bowie is producing strong to
gale force northwesterly winds over most central and southern waters.
These winds will ease tonight as the ridge weakens.
A cold front will approach the offshore waters Wednesday afternoon.
Southerly gales will develop in advance of the front late Wednesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: