Explorer - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 01 October 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots becoming west 15 near midnight then veering to northwest 20 late Monday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 1 October 2023 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over the Central
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located over the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:04 PM PDT 1 October 2023 A frontal system will slide southeastward across the central waters
this evening. Ahead of the system, southerly gales will continue over
the central waters this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: