Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 10:30 AM PST 13 November 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 near noon then becoming southerly 25 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 late this evening then diminishing to southwesterly 15 to 25 early Wednesday morning.
Periods of rain. Risk of thunderstorms this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 10:30 AM PST 13 November 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 13 November 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 982 mb located northwest of Haida Gwaii.
By 1:00 p.m. PST today departing low 987 mb located over the
At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening cold front located over northern
By 6:00 p.m. PST tonight departing cold front located over southern
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight approaching trough located over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 13 November 2018 A low northwest of Haida Gwaii will track northward onto the Alaskan
Panhandle early this afternoon. Meanwhile the associated cold front
will weaken as it moves southward over Vancouver Island this
afternoon. A trough of low pressure well offshore today will
Approach Vancouver Island tonight.
Over northern and central waters and off Northern Vancouver Island,
gale force southeast winds continue along the front. Winds will
gradually shift to widespread strong to gale force southwest by this
Over southern waters, local southeast gales off Southwest Vancouver
island will spread to the Northern Strait of Georgia tonight as the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: