Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 31 May 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 5 to 15 knots backing to south 5 to 15 early Monday morning then increasing to south 15 to 25 near noon Monday. Wind increasing to south 25 to 35 early Monday evening.
Rain Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 9:30 PM PDT 31 May 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 31 May 2020 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 p.m. PDT Monday frontal system located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM PDT 31 May 2020 A frontal system will cross northern and central offshore waters on
Monday then coastal waters on Monday night. Ahead of the front,
Gale force southerly winds will develop over northern and central
waters. The winds will become moderate to strong westerlies in the
wake of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: