Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 25 September 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots increasing to southeast 40 to 50 early this evening then becoming southeast 35 to 45 late overnight. Wind diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 early Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and early this evening and Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 September 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 September 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 968 mb located southwest of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 972 mb located over southern Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 976 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 992 mb located over northeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PDT 25 September 2023 An intense low will move into Bowie tonight bringing widespread gale
to storm force southeast winds. Near the headlands of Northwest
Vancouver island, storm to hurricane force southeast winds will
persist until late this evening.
Significant wave heights of 7 to 9 metres continue this evening over
Conditions are favourable for waterspout development over Explorer
and west coast Vancouver Island after midnight tonight through
On Tuesday, the low over Bowie continues to generate strong to gale
force winds over most of the marine regions. As the low moves north
and weakens, gale force winds will be limited to the northern and
central waters by Tuesday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: