Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 09:30 PM PST 04 December 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southeast 30 to 40 Saturday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 9:30 PM PST 04 December 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 4 December 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday weakening frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Saturday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:40 PM PST 4 December 2020 A slow moving front will approach the North Coast tonight. The front
will stall and slowly weaken on Saturday as it lies from Hecate
Strait to Vancouver Island. By Saturday night, the stalled front will
Gale to storm force winds have developed ahead of the front over most
marine waters except the inner South Coast for tonight and Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: