Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 AM PST 19 November 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 this afternoon and to southeast 35 near midnight. Wind diminishing to southeast 25 Tuesday evening.
Showers beginning near midnight changing to rain overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 04:00 AM PST 19 November 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 19 November 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over southern
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PST 19 November 2018 A frontal system just west of Bowie this morning will move gradually
eastward today and Tuesday, reaching the Central Coast on Tuesday
Strong to gale force southeasterlies over Bowie will spread to all
the northern and central waters, and near Northern Vancouver Island,
later this morning and this afternoon. The strong to gale force
southeasterlies will become confined to the Central Coast and
Northern Vancouver Island by Tuesday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: