Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 09:30 PM PST 09 December 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 near midnight and to north 10 to 20 early Sunday morning except northeasterly outflow 20 near the mainland inlets Sunday late in the day.
Rain changing to showers Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 9:30 PM PST 09 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 9 December 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located over Haida Gwaii extending
By 10:00 a.m. PST Sunday weakening trough located over Vancouver
Island extending southwestward.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday ridge located over Langara extending
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PST 9 December 2023 A vigorous front has moved onto the Central Coast this evening while
Gale force southeast winds over the central and South Coast waters
will ease to moderate to strong late this evening as the front
continues to weaken. Gale force northwesterlies over the northern
waters will ease to strong overnight.
Another front will give southwesterly gales to Northern Bowie by
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: