Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 AM PST 09 December 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 45 knots except northeast 30 near the mainland inlets. Wind increasing to southeast 45 to 55 early this morning then diminishing to southeast 35 to 45 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 near midnight and to southeast 10 to 20 Sunday morning. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 20 near noon Sunday then veering to northeast 5 to 15 Sunday evening.
Showers changing to rain near midnight then to showers near noon Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 04:00 AM PST 09 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 9 December 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today intensifying frontal system located over
Haida Gwaii extending southward.
By 1:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located from Hecate
Strait to Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over Haida Gwaii extending
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday trough located over Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PST 9 December 2023 Winds are likely to rise to hurricane force southeasterlies in a
broad swath from Southern Hecate Strait, through Queen Charlotte
Strait, to Northern Vancouver Island.
Gale force northwesterlies over northern waters, west of Haida Gwaii
will follow this system later this afternoon as a sharp surface
trough follows the frontal system. By this evening, gale force
southeasterlies should only be present along the central coasts
associated with the trough before subsiding to strong early Sunday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: