Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 20 September 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots except east 15 over northern sections. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early this evening except northeast 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 near noon Friday except northeast 15 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to northeast 15 Friday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 September 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 September 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 11:00 a.m. PDT today deepening low 1008 mb located over northern
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening low 1006 mb located over
southwestern Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today intensifying cold front from low located
over northern Explorer.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today cold front from low located over Queen
Charlotte Sound to Tofino.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT Friday low 1003 mb located over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 20 September 2018 A low pressure system over Northern Explorer will move into
Southwestern Queen Charlotte Sound by late evening where it will
remain stationary until Friday afternoon.
The cold front extending southeastward from this system will lead to
gale force southeasterly winds for Queen Charlotte Sound and the
West coast of Vancouver Island by this afternoon. Southeast gales
will also develop through Queen Charlotte Strait and Johnstone
Strait by this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: