Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 13 June 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early this morning then becoming southeast 25 to 35 late this morning. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 late this evening then becoming southeast 10 to 20 after midnight. Wind southeast 10 to 20 Monday.
Showers ending Monday morning. Showers Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 04:00 AM PDT 13 June 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 13 June 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Vancouver
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PDT 13 June 2021 A frontal system is currently over West Vancouver Island south.
Ahead of the frontal system, strong to gale force southeasterly winds
As the frontal system swings north, strong to gale force
southeasterly winds will develop over the eastern half of Queen
Charlotte Sound and the Central Coast by this afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: