Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 15 May 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots increasing to southerly 25 to 35 Monday morning then diminishing to south 15 to 25 late Monday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 9:30 PM PDT 15 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 15 May 2022 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line north-south
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday departing trough located over the Lower
At 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough located west of the offshore
By 10:00 a.m. PDT Monday trough located from Bowie to Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 15 May 2022 A trough will move into Explorer then into central and northern
waters through Monday morning. Strong to gale force southerlies will
develop ahead of the trough.
Meanwhile a ridge of high pressure over west coast Vancouver Island
will result in gale force inflow winds through east entrance of Juan
de Fuca Strait Monday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: