Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 24 May 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to southerly 10 to 15 knots late overnight and to southerly 15 to 25 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to light late Friday afternoon.
Rain beginning early Friday morning and ending early Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 May 2018 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening ridge located over southern
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM PDT 24 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters is producing near
gale force inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait. These winds are
expected to persist through Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: