Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 30 March 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 knots becoming north 25 early Tuesday morning except northeasterly outflow 25 to 35 near the mainland inlets.
Showers ending Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 March 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 March 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 996 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 1011 mb located west of Vancouver
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west of the
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PDT 30 March 2020 A low pressure system over west of Haida Gwaii will track
southeastward through the outer waters tonight and Tuesday. The low
will reach the Queen Charlotte Sound by Tuesday morning then arrive
west coast Vancouver Island Tuesday afternoon. Meanwhile, a ridge of
high pressure will remain over west of the offshore waters through
Tuesday. Another ridge of high pressure will stay over the Northern
The low pressure system in combination with the ridge of high
pressure west of the offshore waters will produce strong to gale
force northerly winds over the offshore waters tonight through
Tuesday. The ridge of high pressure over the Northern BC Interior
will generate gale force outflow winds near the mainland inlets
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: