Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 10:30 AM PST 03 February 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 early this afternoon then becoming south 25 late this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 late overnight. Wind southeast 30 to 40 Saturday.
Periods of rain tonight and Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 1:08 PM PST 03 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 3 February 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Haida Gwaii to
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight dissipating frontal system located on
a line northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening trough located over Vancouver
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 3 February 2023 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii is producing southeasterly gales to
its east. Meanwhile a trough over Vancouver Island is spreading
southeast gales to the inner South Coast.
Winds will ease this evening as both systems move inland, though
there will be a brief period of southwest gales across West Coast
Vancouver Island South and the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait this
evening in the wake of the low.
Another frontal system will approach the BC coast Saturday morning
producing widespread gale to storm force southeasterly winds. This
system will cross Haida Gwaii Saturday evening with northwest gales
developing in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: