Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 09:30 PM PST 30 January 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Tuesday morning.
Scattered flurries or showers becoming showers Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 9:30 PM PST 30 January 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 30 January 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing warm front located on a line
northwest-southeast over the North Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday cold front located on a line north-south
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday departing cold front located from the
North Coast to the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PST 30 January 2023 An approaching cold front will track across Haida Gwaii on Tuesday
and move onto the north and Central Coast in the evening. Ahead of
the front, gale force southeasterlies will develop over northern and
central coastal waters Tuesday morning. In its wake, winds will ease
to strong southerlies in the afternoon, but southeast gales will
persist over the Central Coast through Tuesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: