Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 27 May 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming south 25 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 15 Saturday afternoon. Wind veering to northwest 5 to 15 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 4:00 PM PDT 27 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 27 May 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located over Cape St. James.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT Saturday dissipating low located over Hecate
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 PM PDT 27 May 2022 A weakening low pressure centre near Cape St James this afternoon
will dissipate over Hecate Strait Saturday morning.
Southeast gales over Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound and along the
Central Coast will ease early this evening.
A ridge of high pressure will build over the Pacific on Saturday
And will bring strong northwesterlies for most waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: