Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 09:30 PM PST 23 January 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 late overnight and to southeast 10 to 15 near noon Wednesday. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 late Wednesday afternoon.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 9:30 PM PST 23 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 23 January 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 984 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday weakening low 986 mb located over
At 10:00 a.m. PST Wednesday deepening low located off Oregon Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching low located off Washington
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:32 PM PST 23 January 2018 A 984 MB low over Southern Bowie will gradually weaken tonight as it
rotates northwestward. Over northern waters gale force southeasterly
winds will ease to strong to gale force southerlies overnight. Over
central and southern waters strong to gale force southeast winds
Will ease to moderate to strong tonight as the low moves northward.
Another low is forecast to approach Southern Vancouver Island from
the southwest Wednesday afternoon. There remains uncertainty
regarding the track and depth of this low however there is potential
for southeast gales over southern waters Wednesday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: