Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 10 July 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming southerly 25 near midnight then veering to southwest 10 to 20 early Saturday morning.
Rain changing to showers Saturday evening. Risk of thunderstorms Saturday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine IslandIssued 4:00 PM PDT 10 July 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 10 July 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Victoria.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM PDT 10 July 2020 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii this afternoon will continue to
track eastward. The front will weaken this evening and lie in a
northeast to southwest line over Cape Scott by early Saturday morning
then dissipate while moving across Vancouver Island on Saturday.
Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southerly winds are expected
over the central and northern waters this evening. Winds will ease
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: