Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 04 December 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southeast 15 early Sunday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 20 late Sunday morning and to southeast 20 to 30 early Sunday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 04 December 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 4 December 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 1:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over BC interior.
At 11:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PST Sunday frontal system located over northwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PST 4 December 2021 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters late Sunday
afternoon. Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southerlies will
develop over Bowie and Explorer.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: