Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 29 September 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 near midnight then increasing to southerly 20 to 30 Friday morning. Wind becoming southerly 25 to 35 Friday evening.
Showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 September 2022 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located from the
North Coast to Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary frontal system located
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PDT 29 September 2022 A frontal system will remain quasi-stationary over Bowie through the
period. Strong to gale force winds are expected over northern
offshore waters Friday afternoon through Friday night.
It is possible that these strong to gale force southerlies affect
waters in the vicinity of Northern Haida Gwaii on Saturday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: