Bowie - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 03 December 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 knots increasing to south 35 late overnight and to southerly 40 to 50 Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 03 December 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 3 December 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low located off the Alaska
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday frontal system located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low 990 mb located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Friday low 990 mb located over northwestern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:34 PM PST 3 December 2020 A weakening low pressure centre off over the Alaskan Panhandle will
move inland tonight. Gale force southerlies over central and
Northern waters will shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies
As the low moves off tonight.
Widespread southeast gales will redevelop Friday morning as another
frontal system moves over Haida Gwaii. Storm force winds are
Possible Friday morning for the North Coast. Winds will rise to
Storm force southerlies Friday evening as another strong low centre
moves northwards across Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: