Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 08 December 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this afternoon and to southeast 35 to 45 late overnight. Wind southeast 35 to 45 Monday.
Rain Monday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 08 December 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 8 December 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 9:30 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PST 8 December 2019 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters late this
afternoon. Gale force southerly winds will develop over the offshore
waters tonight then spread to the northern and central coastal waters
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: