Bowie - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 18 September 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots becoming southeast 15 to 25 late Sunday afternoon then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Sunday evening.
Showers ending Sunday afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms tonight. Rain Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 18 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 18 September 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday departing low located over the North Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PDT 18 September 2021 A frontal system will move into Bowie from the west Sunday evening.
Gale force southeast winds will develop along the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: