Bowie - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 10 December 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 40 to 50 knots becoming westerly 35 to 45 this afternoon then diminishing to westerly 25 to 35 Tuesday evening.
Rain changing to periods of rain after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 10 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 10 December 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PST 10 December 2018 A vigorous frontal system over the offshore waters will move
Eastward today and lie north to south from the Alaskan Panhandle to
Southern Explorer by late this afternoon. The front will progress
into the South Coast tonight then depart into the BC Interior by
Gale to storm force southerly winds will spread across most northern
and central waters today and then to the South Coast tonight into
Tuesday morning. Winds will shift to widespread gale force
Westerlies after the passage of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: