Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 26 January 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots veering to south 20 to 30 Thursday morning.
Scattered showers today and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 26 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located from Haida Gwaii to Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located from Cape Scott to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PST 26 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a
quasi-stationary ridge. Visibility may be limited by areas of
persistent widespread fog.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters Thursday morning
and move across Haida Gwaii Thursday afternoon. Ahead of the front,
winds will rise to gale force southerly across the northern and
central waters. Winds will shift to southwest gales behind the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: