Bowie - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 21 November 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 40 to 50 knots except west 25 to 35 over western sections. Wind diminishing to west 20 to 30 early this afternoon then becoming southwest 25 to 35 early this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 40 late overnight. Wind southwest 30 to 40 Friday.
Periods of rain tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 21 November 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 21 November 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located over the
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 1001 mb located southwest of Haida
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing low 1003 mb located over Prince
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PST 21 November 2019 A Pacific front just west of Haida Gwaii will move across the north
and central coasts by late this afternoon. A 1001 MB low behind this
front will move across Central Haida Gwaii early this afternoon and
then across northern sections of Hecate Strait late this afternoon.
Southeast gales over Southwest Haida Gwaii and along the British
Columbia Coast from Dixon Entrance East to the Central Coast will
shift to gale force westerlies in the wake of the front and the low.
Winds will diminish to strong southwesterly this evening then
increase to southerly gales again overnight and Friday for central
and northern waters in advance of the next frontal system.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: