Bowie - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly 10 to 20 knots veering to easterly 10 to 20 this afternoon then to southeast 15 to 25 near noon Tuesday. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday evening.
Rain Tuesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday departing ridge located over the South
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:32 AM PST 17 January 2022 A warm front will approach the northern offshore waters and produce
strong to gale force southeast winds to the area beginning Tuesday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: