Issued 09:30 PM PDT 28 June 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots becoming northwest 10 to 20 near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 June 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located west
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating low located 30 miles west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PDT 28 June 2022 A ridge of high pressure remains offshore, while a low pressure
system over Southeastern Explorer will slowly track towards Vancouver
Island today and will weaken.
Strong to gale force southeasterly winds off the west coast of
Vancouver Island will ease near noon today.
Strong to gale force northwesterly winds over Bowie and west coast
Haida Gwaii will also ease near noon today.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: