Language selection

My Weather Profile Weather Topics  | 

Forecasts for the Kootenay districts of British Columbia


* NOTE: Corrected and/or amended bulletins are listed first *

 
FPCN15 CWVR 152200
Forecasts for the Kootenay districts of British Columbia issued by
Environment Canada at 4:00 p.m. MDT Friday 15 October 2021 for
tonight Saturday and Saturday night.
The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 5:00 a.m. MDT Saturday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Major reference elevations:
    Castlegar:                  430 metres.
    Cranbrook:                  920 metres.
    Blueberry-Paulson:         1570 metres.
    Kootenay Pass:             1774 metres.
    Crowsnest Pass:            1300 metres.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Boundary.
Tonight..Cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers changing to 30 percent
 chance of showers this evening. Snow level 1600 metres rising to
 2000 metres overnight. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light this
 evening. Low plus 4.
Saturday..Clearing in the morning. Wind becoming east 20 km/h gusting
 to 40 near noon. High 16. UV index 4 or moderate.
Saturday night..A few clouds. Wind east 20 km/h gusting to 40
 becoming light in the evening. Low plus 3.

Arrow Lakes - Slocan Lake.
Tonight..Rain ending this evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance
 of showers. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low
 plus 5.
Saturday..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers in the morning
 then a mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming south 20 km/h near noon.
 High 12. UV index 3 or moderate.
Saturday night..A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness after midnight.
 Wind south 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low plus 5.

West Kootenay.
Tonight..Rain ending this evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance
 of showers. Snow level 1700 metres rising to 2000 metres after
 midnight. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 6.
Saturday..Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers early in the
 morning. Clearing late in the morning. Wind becoming south 20 km/h
 gusting to 40 near noon. High 16. UV index 3 or moderate.
Saturday night..Clear. Becoming partly cloudy in the evening. Low
 plus 2.

Kootenay Lake.
Tonight..Cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers this evening. 60
 percent chance of showers over northern sections overnight. Snow
 level 1700 metres rising to 2000 metres late this evening. Low 6.
Saturday..Clearing late in the morning. 60 percent chance of showers
 over northern sections early in the morning. Wind becoming south
 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the afternoon. High 16. UV index 3 or
 moderate.
Saturday night..Clear. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming
 light in the evening. Low plus 5.

East Kootenay.
Tonight..Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Wind south
 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light this evening. Low plus 5.
Saturday..Clearing in the morning. Wind becoming south 30 km/h
 gusting to 50 near noon. High 15. UV index 4 or moderate.
Saturday night..Clear. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming
 light in the evening. Low plus 3.

Elk Valley.
Tonight..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind south 20 km/h
 gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low plus 4.
Saturday..Clearing in the morning. Wind becoming south 40 km/h
 gusting to 60 in the morning. High 14. UV index 4 or moderate.
Saturday night..Clear. Low plus 1.

End
$$$$^^

What we are doing

Date modified: