Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 AM EST 13 February 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to northeast 25 to 35 early this morning then diminishing to northeast 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind backing to northwesterly 20 to 30 early this evening then to west 20 to 30 near midnight except west 40 near the mouth of the Saguenay River.
Periods of light snow ending near midnight.
Over open water risk of freezing spray today and Sunday.
High today minus 15. Low tonight minus 22. High Sunday minus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 12 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5920W to 4805N 5940W
to 4945N 5815W to 4815N 6300W to 4740N 6305W to 4750N 6110W to 4655N
6000W to Nova Scotia near 4615N 5955W. Sea ice north and west of the
6 tenths of new ice including 1 tenth of grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 03:00 AM EST 13 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 1007 mb located near Trois-Rivières.
By 7:00 p.m. EST tonight low 998 mb located southwest of Nova
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday ridge located from James Bay to Lake
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: