Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 02 July 2015
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to southwest 25 to 35 late this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind becoming southwest 15 Friday evening.
Showers ending Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 8:48 PM EDT 02 July 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 2 July 2015 Tonight and Friday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today low 996 mb located north of Lake Saint-Jean.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday low 1002 mb located over Labrador.
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today trough located from the low to Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight departing trough located from the low to
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Lake Michigan.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday ridge located on a line east-west over
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: