Issued 08:00 PM NDT 21 August 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots backing to southwest 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind southwest 10 to 15 Tuesday.
Fog patches forming late overnight and dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4639N 5309W to 4645N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5200N 4845W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5042N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5806W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 21 August 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday departing trough located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: