Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 22 February 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots becoming light early this evening then increasing to easterly 10 to 15 early Thursday morning. Wind increasing to easterly 15 to 25 late Thursday morning then diminishing to easterly 10 to 15 Thursday afternoon.
Snow beginning late overnight with a risk of freezing rain changing to rain Thursday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Low tonight minus 3. High Thursday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5950W to 4635N
5925W to 4815N 6105W to 5000N 5820W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice except 9 tenths of grey ice including a trace
of grey-white ice in the extreme southwestern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. EST today quasi-stationary ridge located from
Newfoundland to New England.
At 10:00 p.m. EST tonight low 998 mb located over Lake Michigan.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday low 993 mb located near Pointe-des-Monts.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: