Issued 03:30 PM ADT 01 September 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots becoming northwest 25 after midnight then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon. Wind backing to west 15 Wednesday evening.
Chance of showers late this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 September 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5553W to 5115N 5000W to 5230N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5036N 5723W to Quebec near 5116N 5809W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Laurentian FanIssued 3:30 PM ADT 01 September 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 1 September 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing low 998 mb located over the
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:22 PM ADT 1 September 2015 A low pressure system near the Avalon Peninsula will move to lie
East of Newfoundland by this evening. Gale force northwesterlies
Can be expected over eastern waters in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Eastern shore - eastern half...Fourchu...Sable - eastern half...
Banquereau...Laurentian Fan...Cabot Strait...Northumberland Strait
- eastern half...Gulf-Magdalen - eastern half and Anticosti-eastern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: