Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 27 March 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this morning then veering to north 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 16 to minus 8 rising to minus 3 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6015W to 4510N 5925W
to 4615N 5810W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Open water except 8 tenths of grey ice in the north section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4645N 5315W to 4630N 4345W to 4715N 4150W to 5015N 4144W to 5145N
4545W to 5300N 4959W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4907N 5824W to Quebec near 5015N 6018W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 03:00 AM NDT 27 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 963 mb located east
of the Flemish Cap.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over New Brunswick.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM NDT 27 March 2017 An intense low pressure system east of the Flemish Cap will remain
nearly stationary today and then begin to move slowly eastward on
Tuesday. Gale to storm force northwesterlies are expected over most
waters today while hurricane force northwesterlies are expected over
the Northern Grand Banks. Winds will begin to slowly subside on
Tuesday as the storm recedes.
Marine interests are advised that a hurricane force wind warning is
in effect for Northern Grand Banks. Storm warnings are in effect for
Funk Island Bank and Southeastern Grand Banks. Gale warnings are in
effect for all other waters except Strait of Belle Isle - western
half, Gulf waters and Southwest Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: