Issued 08:00 PM AST 18 January 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind east 10 to 15 knots becoming light near midnight.
Periods of light snow beginning late overnight and ending early Thursday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 2. High Thursday plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4655N 6045W to 4610N 6150W
to 4750N 6055W to 4720N 6330W to 4905N 6340W to 4840N 6150W to 5015N
5800W to 4830N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4805N 5905W. Sea ice north
and west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 18 January 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located from Labrador to New
Brunswick then to Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located over Newfoundland extending
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1000 mb located south of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday intensifying low 994 mb located south
of East Scotian Slope.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:38 PM AST 18 January 2017 A ridge of high pressure over eastern marine waters will continue to
slowly push eastward tonight. Moderate to strong northerlies ahead of
the ridge diminish in its vicinity. A deepening low south of Georges
Bank will track slowly eastward to lie south of Laurentian Fan
Thursday evening. This low is giving strong to gale force easterlies
to southwestern waters which will diminish below warning status
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank-southern half and West Scotian Slope-southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: