Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 28 July 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots with gusts to 30 in the channels. Wind diminishing to south 15 late overnight and to light Wednesday morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Wednesday morning.
Low tonight plus 15. High Wednesday plus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 July 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 July 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from Quebec to Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday intensifying low located southeast of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 PM ADT 28 July 2015 A low pressure system will approach from the south on Wednesday and
lie near the southeastern corner of Laurentian Fan by Wednesday
evening. Latest indications show that this system may intensify more
than previously expected and could possibly spread gales to
eastern-most waters Wednesday night or early Thursday. Mariners with
interests in these or adjacent waters should monitor subsequent
forecasts in the event gale warnings are required.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: