Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 26 January 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing low 947 mb located over Labrador
At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over southern Quebec.
By 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Maritimes.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday deepening low located south of Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday low 979 mb located southwest of Browns
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM AST 26 January 2015 An intense low pressure system over the Labrador Sea will continue to
track northeastward today. Strong to gale force westerlies in the
wake of the low will gradually diminish through the day.
Another deep area of low pressure will move into the region overnight
Monday and into Tuesday bringing storm force easterly or
northeasterly winds to most of the district Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all waters except Anticosti where a gale warning is in effect.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy..Grand Manan..
Lurcher..Southwestern shore..Eastern shore..Fourchu..Banquereau -
Northern half..Cabot Strait..Northumberland Strait..Gulf-Magdalen and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: