Strait of Belle Isle - western half
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 23 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind east 15 to 20 knots veering to southeast 25 this morning then to southwest 25 this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 overnight. Wind southwest 15 to 20 Thursday.
Rain beginning this morning and ending overnight. Fog patches forming this morning and dissipating Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5255W to 4645N 5059W to 5100N 4829W to 5200N 4844W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5042N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5806W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 23 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Funk Island Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT today departing trough located east of Funk
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today intensifying trough located over the Gaspe
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
northern Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located east of the
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: