Strait of Belle Isle
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 18 April 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northeast 25 knots backing to north 20 this afternoon then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 overnight.
A few flurries ending overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending near noon.
Temperatures minus 6 rising to minus 1 near noon then falling to minus 10 overnight. Temperatures rising to minus 2 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 April 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4840N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 4700N 4600W to
4830N 4530W to 4930N 4800W to 5100N 4830W to 5500N 5300W to 5600N
5630W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Bergy water except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice along the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4745W to 4430N 4600W to 4545N 3700W to 4700N
3700W to 5000N 3800W to 5130N 3900W to 6000N 5600W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs east of the
western iceberg limit.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Belle IsleIssued 03:00 AM NDT 18 April 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 18 April 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 999 mb located over the Northeast Coast
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 996 mb located east of Funk
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 1010 mb located over New England.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday intensifying low 996 mb located south of
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today departing ridge located east of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM NDT 18 April 2015 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Strait of Belle Isle and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: